Monocular de imagen térmica Armasight Prometheus 336x256 3-12x42 (9Hz)
Armasight Prometheus is the latest and most technologically advanced thermal imagingmonocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Prometheus product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core, and is available in a variety of models – each optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for myriad uses and mission applications.
The Prometheus is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and night engagements.
The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of Prometheus. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment night vision equipment, the Prometheus thermal imager is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
All Armasight thermal imagers are based on FLIR Tau 2.7.2 or later cameras that allow to improve overall image quality in a wide range of dynamic thermal environments, the imagers has employed special user-adjustable imaging tools that include:
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Information Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- User Controlled Manual Non Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Armasight thermal imagers allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Zeus models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
||2.8x / 3.4x
|Objective Lens Type
|Type of Focal Plane Array
||FLIR Tau 2
|Pixel Array Format
||White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color modes
||AMOLED SVGA 060
|Field of View - ang. (X / Y)
||7.8 / 5.9
|Objective Focal Length
|Exit Pupil Diameter
||5 m to infinity
||42mm - 700 Yards, 75mm - 800 Yards
||42mm - 400 Yards, 75mm - 500 Yards
||2x CR123A (3V)
||-40 to +50°C (-40 to +122°F)
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)
||-50 to +70°C (-58 to +158°F)
||255×70×70 mm /10x2.7x2.7 in
||0.55 kg / 1.2 lbs